expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tree Dilemia


I had this wonderful idea for the last two years...to buy a live spruce for the Christmas Holiday and then have someone take it and plant it on their property.  Since I have loads of trees on my property...I checked with my friends Nita and Mike.  Nita is from Lousyiana and she likes to refer to her hometown and Mike is a Yank (like me).  I had mentioned this idea to Mike last year and I didn't pursue it, but I tried again this year...He is such a good guy...he agreed to help me get it into the house and maybe his daughter would take the tree...they are building a house on this acreage not too far from here.   (LLLLLLLOOOOVVVEEEE the smell and look of a live tree...yes, I know I can buy the fragance..lol)  Well, I looked at some balled trees, after checking locations in the area...I found one and paid for it.  Nita borrowed Mike's truck and we went to pick it up.  Well, our teeth almost dropped out of our heads when the man got the forklift to put it in the bed of the truck.( Have I mentioned that what few mechanical brains I have are used on my stamp business and viewing videos moocho times....was out of that line when the brains were passed out).  When we got to my house, Nita called Mike and he came over to the house....he just looked at the tree...not a happy camper to say the least.   What transpired over the next hour could have won Americas Funniest Videos......I got in the bed with Mike and we tried to move the tree out of the bed...no way.  About this time, DJ came by (a teenager who was picking up pay for some work he had done earlier....asked him if he wanted to help...he is NO FOOL....he took off quietly...LOL).  We finally decided to roll the tree on its side off the truck...we did that ..we were so proud...at least Nita and I...I think Mikes reaction to the whole night was &%$#@@#.

No comments:

Post a Comment